3/22/09

Done!



Well... I'm done with this one. I had varnished this with a glossy varnish and it showed off the saturated colors nicely, but I hated it... I'm just strangely annoyed by rich colors. I don't have a problem when other people do it, but when I paint them, it just doesn't fell right... So I painted a nice, cruddy varnish layer with some alizarin and some transparent ochre, and I lost a lot of the saturation and I got some gloppy waxy areas, but I like it a whole lot more. I guess it's all about feeling comfortable with what one paints...


5 comments:

Sarnia said...

What size is the work?

Nicolás Uribe said...

Hey Mark, it's 120 x 180 cm.

Unknown said...

Hey Nicolas-A friend of mine let me know you had a blog running now. Good to see what you are up to. Painting looks great as always!
best-scott

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adrián González said...

Very nice!!!